Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sister Chelsea Pilkington
Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Lord's Vineyard

Area: Santa Cruz

Companion: Sister Raguilab

Monday, November 17, 2014

Hello Fam.

 

And the days continue to roll on..Santa Cruz is still beautiful, and I still die everytime we watch the sunset at the beach...never gets old. I went on exchanges with my anak, Sister Rowley. Best ever. It all just flowed, I guess that's what happens when you were previous companions for three months. I'm still struggling with the transition from Tagalog to English..I've become a bit dislexic and have bad grammar..example "Home at Love", "Wig Baves" ..yep can't talk. Sister Raguilab and I are still dropping and finding like crazy..trying to get this area turned around before I leave. Got a few more weeks to do so. But with the help of lots of prayers and obedience I know it will happen. We had three investigators and nine less actives attend church yesterday. 

 

One of those investigators is Kate Rivera, she is a part member, her mom and older sister are both members. She has a baptismal goal date for November 29, but we are planning on moving that back. We don't feel like she will be quite ready yet this November, but definitely the first week or two of December she will be good to go.

 

The other two investigators are a couple, Bing Mayonte and her husband. Bing has been an investigator since May I'm pretty sure..she is incredible. She hasn't missed a Sunday in months, she is doing her family history work, reads the Book of Mormon every day..she is practically a member. The only reason she isn't baptized is because she's not married. A few years ago her husband wanted to get married, but she didn't. Now, she wants to get married, but her husband doesn't. Funny how the dice rolls sometimes. However, we were shocked when we saw her husband come to church, as in miracle status. To make things even better, we are having a family home evening at their house later tonight, so it will be an easy way to teach brother for the first time. We are really excited, and hope that the gospel can help brother realize the importance of getting married and then baptized. Fingers crossed. :) Nothing is impossible with the help of the Spirit and Heavenly Father. Win.

 

We successfully created a Branch Mission Plan yesterday with our Branch President, Branch Mission Leader and all six of us missionaries. (there are two Elders assigned here as well.) We pulled up the stats of the branch, ex) 121 members come to church on an average each week, and there are 707 members in the area. So we made all sorts of goals, made lists of families to focus on, recent converts who need callings, etc, so that we can work together as auxillaries to get this branch back into action. We are all super motivated. Last night I printed out all 707 members and high-lighted that baby up. Starting with families that are sealed, members that are endowed that are now inactive. We have a good plan for this week, lots of work to do here but we are excited. We are hoping this will get some good leaders back to the church, and find some loop holes of families with children not yet baptized, etc. 

 

Funny story. Sister Alice Noverra taught Relief Society this week, it was about the importance of prayer, especially in a family setting. She told a story about how the other week she was saying night time prayer with her nephew..As her nephew was praying she opened one eye to look at him (nothing cuter than a little kid saying a prayer, so innocent and just adorable). She was shocked to see her nephew with one eye open as well staring straight back at her. After the prayer she laughingly explained to her sister that her nephew had caught her peeking. Her sister then laughed and told her that her son thought that was how you were supposed to pray, with one eye open and one eye closed. The little boys mom peeked at him so often during prayers, that he thought that was how you were supposed to pray. We were all dying laughing, one because that is just the cutest thing ever, and two because kids really do pick up on EVERYTHING. Just shows the importance of being a good example as a parent.

 

I've been having this inner battle this week as reality is starting to hit about the time clock running out here in the mission field. I am trying to just finish strong and give it all that I have. I keep reminding myself that I want, NO REGRETS. In one of my personal studies this week I read in Jacob 5..it assured me that all is well. I read 

Jacob 5: 71-72 This is my last time in the vineyard to give my all to my Heavenly Father..

 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last timethat I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.

 72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.

 I know that as I finish the race strong, He will be pleased with my efforts

75 And it came to pass that when the Lord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. Andblessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the natural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have joywith me because of the fruit of my vineyard

I love my mission. I will give everything to him. The gospel is true. It has been such a blessing to serve. I pray that we will all continue to seek out opportunities to serve him, no matter where we are, how busy we are.. Our brothers and sisters need us..


Mahal,

Sister Pilkington

No comments: