Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sister Chelsea Pilkington
Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I could be a missionary forever!

Area: Mandama
Companion: Sister Lim
Sister Training Leader

Monday, November 3, 2014

Good Morning! 

Another week full of blessings and miracles. Missionary work just never gets old. At times I wish I could just do this forever. We are heading into my last transfer of my mission, cannot believe it. I'm still in denial that missions actually end. Sister Lim and I secretly hope that we will be able to just finish the work out strong together one more transfer here in Mandama. We have soo much going on this November, we can't afford for either of us to leave the area. However, I know God's plan is greater than our plan. So whatever happens this week is perfectly fine with me. :) 

I would like to highlight sister Nora Manalansan this week. We had some super awesome lessons with her and have seen the Spirit really change her.. It's amazing how so much can happen in one week. Nora, as all mothers, loves her daughter so much and will do anything for them. She said they are the main reason why she came to church last week. They kept begging her to go (go kids!) and so she did. Her kids were the key to getting her into the church, and then the Spirit was able to work on her and do the rest. She said she was changed at church. She couldn't explain why, but she was so happy. Sister Lim and I just smiled and nodded because we knew exactly why she was happy. It was the Spirit touching her heart. The following lessons after church she said whenever she saw us walking up to their house she would get so excited, and it was something she just couldn't explain. We taught her about the Word of Wisdom the other night and she about fell out of her chair when we told her she could no longer drink coffee anymore (she drinks 5-6 cups a day!). However, she agreed to slowly cut it out. Saturday night we felt prompted to text Nora and found out that she had a really high fever and was unsure if she could come to church on Sunday. We bore our testimonies to her, trying to help her have some faith and understand the importance of coming to church. She said Sunday morning her Spirit woke her up at 5 am and she couldn't fall back asleep. She figured this was the Spirit prompting her to go to church. So at 6 she reached over her drunk husband, and woke up her little girls. Her husband woke up and asked where they were going. She told him to church. He then laughed at her, but then to her surprise gave her some money to get them to church. He asked her why she was going to the Mormon church, and if she was actually going to become a member there. She told him that she feels happy there, and hopefully one day he would join their family there. Nora, although sick with a fever, brought her little ones to church and stayed all three hours. She shared this story in Sunday school--the Spirit was so strong. What an amazing example she is to both the members and her family of finding a way to follow God's commandment of attending church. She then closed by saying, "and for the first time, I drank Milo instead of coffee this morning. Now my husband really thinks I've lost it" She is changing so much. It's such a blessing to watch her grow. Ahh love it. Nora and two of her four daughters will be baptized this November 22. 

Tom Purgatorio is still doing awesome. He is seriously the smartest 16 year old I know. He literally has memorized the Book of Mormon. We teach three lessons with him in one sitting because he just GETS IT. He is involved in seminary, best friends with all the youth, and reads his scriptures daily. He will be getting baptized this November 22. 

Our recent convert Nancy Sanchez and her sister Josefine (not yet a member, 27) worked with us the other day. They're awesome fellowshippers for all of our investigators and such a blast to work with. We have tried multiple times to teach Josefine but she's always been scared of what her husband would say. But at the end of the day working with us she took us home and introduced us to her husband. Blessing! We are hoping to try teaching them this week :)

I'm so grateful for the past two transfers. I have learned more about myself and how revelation works than at any other time of my mission. Sister Lim has been so patient with me and ever so loving, she's the nicest person ever. I love her so much. We have felt such a strong passion for the work and have seen the truth that exact obedience truly does bring blessings. We will continue to do all we can to qualify for those blessings and save these souls. 

I testify that our Saviour lives. He knows us, and He loves us. This is His work. It will continue to press forward until it reaches all four corners of the earth. I love this gospel and will preach it for eternities.

Have a great week. 
God bless.

Mahal,

Sister Pilkington.

No comments: