Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sister Chelsea Pilkington
Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Farewell Sister Rossberg

Area:  Mandama
Companion: Sister Nivera
Sister Training Leader

Monday, August 11, 2014

Hello friends & fam.

This week has been a crazy one that went by wayyy too fast. We enjoyed an awesome zone conference on Tuesday that was full of the spirit, a few tears, and lots of happiness. We were blessed to hear from our Mission President Dahle and his wife. It always makes me so happy when I get the chance to learn from them. Following, we heard from the departing missionaries, including my sweet companion Sister Rossberg. Tears came to my eyes but I didn't let them fall haha. We enjoyed a few hours of volleyball in the church court outside in the rain. It was just the kind of break we needed to let go a little bit and just enjoy. 


Zone Conference volleyball

Sister Rossberg and I have been continuing our rotation of knocking doors here in Mandama, inviting everyone to learn. We knocked on this one door that a few months previous Sister Rossberg said she had tried to invite to learn. She said in the past they were very hard headed, said no, they were puro catholic and that they weren't interested. Well I guess all they needed was a couple months of time because we didn't even have to try to get in their door. They said "Hi sisters! Come in!". We were a little shocked at their response, but quickly took off our shoes and walked in before they could change their minds (joke). Turns out the husband, Arnold, is a less active! He has only been less active for like 3-4 years daw, (that's exciting, because most people have been less active for like 20, so they're harder to re-activate because they don't remember anything). He said he even used to work as a ward misisonary before. His wife had also been taught by the Elders in the past but was never baptized. They have 3 kids, their oldest two are both boys, ages 14 and 12 (priesthood age!) and their youngest girl is one. We have taught them twice now and they are super excited about us teaching them again. They even attended our ward family home evening Saturday evening at the chapel. They unfortunately didn't make it to church on Sunday, but we will go resolve their concerns and figure out why. We are super excited for this family though, they have lots of potential, and they live in a family compound..meaning if we can convert their family, we can probably convert a lot more within the compound! Exciting stuff.


Ocampo girls at FHE


I haven't talked about the Llego's for a while..you might be wondering what happened to that cute family. Well we hadn't been able to teach them for two weeks now, every time we dropped by they were "never home" (they were really hiding from us). Sister Rossberg and I were super sad, they were our golden family, and we were trying to figure out where we went wrong. Sister Rossberg was anticipating to be getting picked up Sunday afternoon, she was sad because she wouldn't have the chance to say bye to them before she left. Well turns out Heavenly Father was aware, and made sure she would be able to. It was 7 pm and we still hadn't heard from our leaders that they were coming to get her. So we ran over to the Llego's house and prayed somehow they would let us in. Us four sister missionaries, (sister echon and sister makihele came with us) knocked on their door. They were eating inside, and we knew they couldn't try to hide from us now. We had sister echon yell "tao po" (it means people are here) because if we did they would know it was us. As soon as she yelled that, they went silent. We thought, oh no..they're going to hide. Then she yelled it again..and again..finally their youngest daughter frinces said "sandali lang daw po" or (wait a second), then eventually they opened their door. Us four sisters said a prayer in our heads before we walked in, we were all super nervous. It was super awkward at first, there was this unspoken tension of some sort lingering in the air. We sat down, and eventually brother broke the ice. Turns out they were offended by one of the texts we had sent them one day, they had told us to stop by at 5, we went there, and they weren't there. We had written "Kamusta Tet and Fritz!" Instead of saying "brother and sister" like we usually do, then we used an exclamation mark which apparently means we are mad to them. So they thought we were mad at them, and therefore hid from us the past two weeks. Well long story short we cleared the air, everything is fine now, we had an amazing spiritual lesson with them which ended in a prayer, we all knelt in a circle and brother said the most beautiful prayer. They then made us dinner, gave sister Rossberg a present, and lots of hugs and kisses later sent us on our way. Yay! Thank goodness, so they are back in action! (But please continue praying for them!)


Sister Rossberg's last photo with the Llego family


This week was full of "lasts" for Sister Rossberg. It was her last week in the mission so we just enjoyed every day, worked hard, and got her all packed up and out of here. The AP's picked her up last night. We took a billion and one pictures before we let her get in that van. As soon as she left, sister Echon and I hugged eachother and cried, we're such babies. I miss her already! I'm grateful for the opportunity that I was blessed with to serve side by side with my best friend in the mission. I learned so much from her and we were able to enjoy the stress, pain, and happiness of serving the Filipino people here in Mandama.


Last trike ride home from church

Last day at church

Proselyting..the usual hah


I'm looking forward to finding out who my new companion will be here in Mandama. I hope she's ready to get even busier and go. to . work. out here, because there's lots that I want to accomplish these next six weeks. The mission is going by faster and faster, I only have three transfers left, so I want to make the most of it.

I love this work. I wouldn't want to be serving anywhere else than here in the Philippines Olongapo Mission. I know I have been called of God to serve in this exact place at this exact time. Thank you for all the prayers, support, and love. I miss you all, and love you more!

Have a great week.
God Bless.

Sister Pilkington. xo
Sunday selfie

Ocampo Fam - Arnold and Leslie

Kass is the cutest!

Birthday Packages!

No comments: