Area: Floridablanca
Companion: Sister Matelalu
Sister Training Leader
Monday, May 12, 2014
Hey Fam and Friends.
Companion: Sister Matelalu
Sister Training Leader
Monday, May 12, 2014
Hey Fam and Friends.
First off, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Wouldn't be here without her. This week has been full of miracles. But this letter will be short, sweet, and to the point.
Tatay Jandoc's wife left him this week for another man. They have been married for 45 years. He was very depressed, but told us he reads his Aklat ni Mormon everyday whenever he needs support or help. He is a stud though. He is still the first one to show up to church each Sunday, he made it through all 3 hours, (we brought him snacks so he wouldn't go home early because he was hungry). And the cute man is going to be BAPTIZED this weekend. We love him and are so excited.
We found an awesome new family. I have been in this area almost 4 1/2 months now and we just found them. They live three houses down. They are the Saraused family, family of 5. Brother Jarri is 42, his wife Lisa is 28, and they have 3 children, Jerissa is 10, Jessica is 9, and Jade is 3. Three sweet girls. We taught them Friday night, had a beautiful lesson with them with such a strong spirit, we extended a baptismal goal date for them for June 28 and they said YES! They all came to church on Sunday, picture attached, except brother had work, (we will work with him on finding a new job) and we are having a family home evening at their house later tonight.
I skyped my fam bam, they're the best, just older and taller. I love families, that's why I'm on my mission. To help other families become eternal. I love the church, I love my mission, I love my comp Sister Matelau (happy one year!), and I love my FAM.
Zone Conf tomorrow, stoked to see all my old comps and good friends.
have a great week. say your prayers, read your scriptures, and have a great Sunday.
Sister Pilkington
No comments:
Post a Comment