Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sister Chelsea Pilkington
Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sunday, October 27, 2013

I'm a TRAINER!!!!


Area: San Marcelino
Companion:  Sister Rowley

Monday, October 28, 2013

Hello po Friends & Family!

First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE SIS RACHEL JEAN THIS WEEK! 11 years old, when did you get so big! I love you sweetie girl! xoxo

This week has been a whirlwind to say the least! I went from being a little greenie to a Nanay (mom) training a new FOREIGNER! It would be fair to say that this was my worst nightmare (mainly worried about teaching the language), but has turned out to be the BIGGEST blessing.

Transfers: So transfers have officially come and gone. My nanay was transferred North to Liozon and I stayed here in San Marcelino. My new companion is Sister Rowley from West Jordan, Utah! She is absolutely adorable, the Filipino's absolutely ADORE her dimples! She is exactly 3 days older than me, (fun fact: both my companions here in the Philippines have been WHITE & their birthdays are in July just like mine!) I'm pretty much breaking the record for the most foreigner companions here I'm pretty sure. Ha! It's interesting though because the night before we met our companions I had this HUGE feeling that I would be training an American. I'm not quite sure why, but I just got a feeling that I should mentally prepare myself for an American. Sure enough, transfers came and I got myself a brand new trainee from the Provo MTC! I never realized how much my Nanay did for me until now (pretty applicable to real life too!, you never realize how much they do for you until you become one!)

Baptisms: So the Sevillaga's have been very up and down with their desire to be baptized. But this week, Sister Rowley and I went to visit them and they all without us even having to ask said they wanted to be baptized! We gave Nanay Sevillaga and Jenny Sevillaga baptismal goal dates for December 14. Then we gave Aunt Wilma (46), JM (18) JL (16)  Lloyd (12) and Clarence (10) baptismal goal dates for November 23. Wilma hasn't really had a desire, but she watched the Joseph Smith movie and said she KNEW it was true, the hairs on her arms stood up when she watched it and she had never felt that way before. Wilma only works on Sundays and Thursdays because she sells vegetables in the markets, those are the ONLY days open for her to sell. She decided to quit working on Sundays so that she can go to church (you have to go to church 4 consecutive times to be baptized). What faith and will power that takes to quit your job and only work once a week in hopes that the Lord will bless you for keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. She is AMAZING!

Gift of Tongues: Sister Rowley and I went hunting for some of the referrals we have received out in Rabanes. We stumbled upon Sister Carmelita Bedonia at the house that she is a care taker for. She happily let us in. This day we didn't have any branch missionaries working with us, so it was just me and Sister Rowley. I can't even tell you how many prayers I said so that I would be able to understand what she was saying to me. I UNDERSTOOD EVERY SINGLE WORD THAT CAME OUT OF HER MOUTH...we talked for an HOUR. I shared scriptures with her and asked if we could come back and she was more than happy to say yes. When we walked away from that appointment, I was telling Sister Rowley what she had been saying. Turns out she has breast cancer that is now spreading to her brain. She did chemo for a week and lost ALL of her hair & it was making her really sick to her stomach so she didn't eat for a week and was getting really thin. She said she said a prayer that Heavenly Father would help her to feel better. She stopped taking her medicine and her doctor said if she stopped taking her medicine she would die. She has a seven year old daughter and a drunkard of a husband. This poor lady has SO MUCH FAITH it is incredible, she said that the Lord is her medicine and she has felt him healing her. I shared with her about prayer and faith, it was an incredible lesson. The best part, everything she was saying to me was medical terms and I SOMEHOW understood it. What a blessing.

Marjane: A few weeks ago Sister Hynes, and our branch missionary Kristine and I were walking back and forth up and down the streets looking for less actives. We were by this little bakery when this girl grabs Kristine and asks if we are Mormons. Of course Kristine said yes, then it began pouring rain so we took shelter under the bakery roof and began talking with this girl. Her name is Marjane, she is 22. Turns out she has a Book of Mormon and has already read about a 100 pages of it. She has been to shy to ask the Elders previously to teach her and had been praying that sisters would get transferred to this area so she could ask them to teach her. She said that when she saw us she knew it was an answer to her prayers and immediately had to seize the opportunity! We have had three lessons with her so far, each of them we all end up crying because the spirit is SO STRONG. She is soo prepared, she takes notes every lesson and comes with lists of questions for us. I have never seen someone soo desirous. We gave her a baptismal goal date for November 16, she is SO EXCITED! Golden. Totally golden and prepared.

Randoms: Congratulations to Sister Kristine going to the Naga Mission! So excited for you! This week the Sevillaga's were absolutely STUNNED when they saw me leading the lessons, they said I speak the most straight forward and clear Tagalog. This has been the perfect opportunity to bear my testimony of how much the Lord really blesses his missionaries, I know that it is not me that's good at Tagalog, it's the Lord blessing me so that I have the ability to teach His children.

I have never felt so loved and blessed in my whole life. I have seen more miracles this week than ever before. Heavenly Father is soo good to me, so soo good. May we all take the opportunity to look for the blessings and miracles in our lives no matter how big or small. He loves you & blesses you more than you think.

I love you all! The Philippines Olongapo Mission is the BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD!

God Bless.

Mahal Kita!

Sister Pilkington

No comments: