Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sister Chelsea Pilkington
Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Michael gets baptized!


Area:  San Marcelino
Companion:  Sister Hynes

                                                                                    Monday, September 30, 2013


Hello my beautiful friends and family!!!

Another crazy week here in the P.I.! This week has been wonderful to say the least.We have an investigator Michael Sevillaga (whose brother just got baptized two weeks ago), and Michael has been extremely active coming to church each week, has been keeping all of his commitments, and had a baptismal goal date for October 19. However, he has a crush on my companion Sister Hynes so it has been hard to get him to distinguish whether he has a testimony or if he is just doing this for her. BUT, we were able to really get a chance to sit down and talk with him when we had exchanges this week. I went on exchanges with the beautiful Sister Rossberg. We went and visited Michael and he opened up to us more than he ever has before. I challenged him to be baptized on Saturday, September 28. I bore my testimony about how I pray for him every night and I just know that he is ready to be baptized. I asked him about his testimony and he told me that he knows everything about our church is true. He told me that he was ready, and that the hairs on his arms were standing up because he felt the spirit so strongly. It is impossible to put the moment and the feelings into words. We have been working with him for months, and all it took was for one little lesson where we really just made him think about what he wanted, and it helped him to realize that he wanted to be baptized. We came back and taught him everyday leading up to the day of his baptism. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. We had four baptisms total on Saturday, and the spirit was absolutely raging. Two convert fathers baptized their two sons, and then the other two little ones were baptized by a branch missionary. Everyone was so happy and full of the Spirit it was amazing. Afterwards we had a branch home evening to celebrate and to welcome the recent converts into the branch. It was a very happy time :)

Oh so apparently I have a Filipino twin here. I kid you not EVERYWHERE I go people tell me, "wow, you look like ching rodriguez". I didn't know what to think because I don't even know what she looks like, but I found a picture of her the other day so I will send that later! Nothing else extremely exciting happened this week, the weather has dried up a ton and it is absolutely beautiful out now. Luckily none of our investigators or members in our branch had too much damage to their homes so we are very grateful for that!

We achieved our zone goals for the months for baptisms and less actives returned which is super exciting, first time for me! We get to go to the mission home later today for games and dinner and of course family home evening so I am looking forward to that!

Sorry this letter is a shorter one, but I really do love it here, it reminds me so much of Hawaii! I miss you all tons and am constantly praying for your success, health, and safety. I love this gospel and I LOVE my mission!

Have a great week.

Mahal Kita:)

Sister Pilkington

No comments: