Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sister Chelsea Pilkington
Sister Chelsea Pilkington

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Golden investigators last week of the Mish!

Area: Santa Cruz
Companion: Sister Raguilab
Monday, December 8, 2014

Hello Fam and Friends.

I cannot even think of where to begin this letter, but another great week has come and gone. Unfortunately between some random sicknesses we were not able to work as much in our area as possible, but many blessings still came with the lessons and hours we were able to teach. 

So at the beginning of the week Sister Raguilab and I decided to go super super hard. Monday afternoon before going out to work I had a little break down realizing my mission really is going to end. I read some scriptures to gather myself and then we went out and talked to over sixty people that evening alone from six to eight p.m. The rest of the week our energy continued, every minute we proselyted this week (which was not many), we talked and talked to people. One evening we met Alfie Almuena. He was our 104th contact this week, and was also our GOLDEN contact.

Alfie Almuena is 18 years old, he looks like he is about 14 because he suffers from really bad asthma. When we contacted him Tuesday night, he told us he really wanted us to come teach him and his cousins. He had been to church before in the past, but nobody reached out to him, he just wanted to be taught by the missionaries but was too shy to ask, so he stopped coming. We were able to teach his family at our return appointment with him and had an awesome lesson. It turns out brother Alfie's mom left him when he was a baby, and a few years ago his dad went missing at sea, (he's a fisherman). So Alfie was left by himself. Luckily, his aunt and uncle took him in as a child and that is where he lives now. His grandma turns out to be a member baptized in Bataan back in the  80's (we were also able to share with her). Alfie brought his three cousins to church on Sunday, he was so early to church he beat us there! Something I love about Alfie is his confidence and passion. It was fast and testimony meeting, and Alfie caught on pretty fast that anyone who wanted to go up could to bear their testimony. I went up since it was my last fast sunday on the mission, and when I went to sit down I was surprised to see Alfie stand up, walk past me and straight up to the stand! I was worried at first that he wouldn't know what to say, but wow were we all blown away. Alfie shared his story about his family, how he was completely lost and knew no where else to turn but to his Father in Heaven at times when he feels so alone. He said he has a desire to be baptized and feels that this church is where he should be. His Spirit was incredible, many members reached out to him that afternoon and their jaws were dropped open when they found out we had only taught him one lesson. Talk about a prepared soul. He's amazing. 

I'm still absolutely in LOVE with the Pajomayo family. The Spirit just hits you like a brick wall every time you step foot in their home, it's an incredible feeling. Sister Rodalyn just totally gets the gospel. We were able to share the Plan of Salvation, Word of Wisdom, and Baptism and Confirmation with them this week, all of which went beautifully. Sister Rodalyn has no problems with anything, she has been reading the scriptures, praying (her prayers have been answered), and she even made it to church this Sunday with brother and baby! Baby Sean Adams had his blessing yesterday and it was beautiful, sister shed a few tears. Their family just looked so perfect sitting on one bench together in the Sacrament Hall. I just see them all dressed in white going inside the temple. Sister is still set on doing all that she can in order to prepare herself mentally, emotionally, and intellectually to be baptized this coming January. :) Yay,.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to bear my testimony to the people of the Philippines. How blessed I feel for being assigned to serve here, surrounded by some of the most hospitable, generous, and loving people ever. They crave the word of God, and we feel no shame inviting ourselves into people's houses, nor do they care when we come walk in their front door and ask to share a message with their family without an invite. I know this gospel is true. I will do everything in my power to preach the word to as many people as I come in contact with my last week as a full-time missionary. I know the Book of Mormon is true, everytime I read it, I feel my heart burn with the Spirit, testifying to me that it is the truest book on the face of the earth. Joseph Smith is a prophet, He was called of God to restore Christ's church in the latter days. Thomas S. Monson holds the keys as a living prophet. I love my Saviour, I know that He lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

God Bless, Happy Holidays.
Maligayang Pasko.

Sister Pilkington



Jarom and Rodalyn Pajomayo with baby Sean Adam on his baby blessing day :)
(RM and his wife, our investigator, talked about her last week).
My cute house mates. :)

Sister Hausia!
Love these sisters!!
Tatay Artemio...he is makulit. Only word to appropriately describe him. This is the one that calls me Miss California. S. Rowley's recent convert haha.

No comments: