Area: Mandama
Companion: Sister Rossberg
Sister Training Leader
Monday, July 28, 2014
Hello friends and fam,
Another week gone! Time is seriously just flying, July is already almost over..what the heck! Anyways, we had a typical week this week full of lots of lessons, rain, sun, proselyting in our cutie rain boots, talking to people, being rejected, being accepted, and best of all just sharing the good message of this gospel.
We had six investigators at church on Sunday, (Nancy's WHOLE family came for the first time, her husband comes home every two weeks, he wants to be baptized and their twin daughters do too, we are trying to figure out how we will be able to teach him and get them baptized soon), we also had some new investigators come! The Llego's weren't able to make it because they had a family member die, and the Dabuet's are struggling financially right now so sister has been working over time so we haven't been able to teach them much this week either. Other than that, our investigators are all doing well. We are doing lots of finding and dropping, trying to ensure we are teaching all of those souls that God has prepared for us. We are teaching lots of part member families which is always great. Maldwin is still going strong, works with us as much as he can and has now gotten really active with the YSA going to institute 3 times a week!
I had some surprise visitors on Sunday. I was being the usher Sunday sitting by the door letting people in and out trying to help the little children be a little more reverent. At one point I look out the door and see a reflection of a little family standing outside. I opened the door to let them in, then when I realized who it actually was I jumped and hugged them. It was Sean and Karen David and their little kids and niece! Sister Echon and I had taught them in Floridablanca and they were baptized two weeks after I was transferred. They cried and said they missed us so much that they had to come visit us. We took lots of pictures and they caught us up on Florida. Apparently ever since I left their little boy Sean (3) calls all the sister missionaries Sister Pilkington, and always asks when I'm coming home. Soo cute. ha
We went to Mt. Samat with our zone earlier this morning which was a blast. We took tons of pictures, they also have a World War II museum that was super cool to see the history of the Philippines in the war.
We had mission president interviews which was awesome. I truly just LOVE President and Sister Dahle. Gives me a little taste of home. I feel like they're my aunt and uncle or something, they're just so loving. President asked me to say the opening prayer and let out a slight laugh when I finished. I was struggling to pray in english, kept going from tagalog to english without noticing. I thought I did pretty well, he however pointed out that when I do speak english, I speak with a tagalog tone...who knew. haha
Well on that note, have a great week everyone, love you all!
Sister Pilkington
No comments:
Post a Comment